I am a huge podcast listener. Whenever I can, I’ll put my wireless headphones and and get lost in the world of podcasts. I find them an easy way to learn and expend your thoughts whilst still doing something – or not. I’ll always pop on a podcast when I’m cooking or cleaning, editing photos or doing some creative research.
After a friend texted me asking for recommendations, I discovered that I listen to a variety of podcast types. Content creation advice, beauty-related, lifestyle, self-care, self-growth, true crime… Anything that tickles my fancy. I’ve been quite obsessed with a few lately.
This has to be my favorite at the moment. So much, that I keep listening to old episodes. I’m addicted. As soon as a new episode comes out I download it for the perfect moment when I’ll be able to listen to it carefully. The topics are so varied and life-related, some of my favorites are :
- “Are you an imposter”,
- “Depression and anxiety”,
- “What choices made you who you are”,
- “Learning to love ourselves with @thebirdspapaya”,
- “What it’s like living with chronic illness with @rawbeautykristi”
- and “Dealing with addiction”.
As you can tell, that’s a lot for just two seasons but they are all so good it’s hard to choose.
This one is by two actors from the “Vampire Diaries” series, Candice King and Kayla Ewell. Something I love about this show is how varied the themes are. Every episode is different from the others because they have guests over almost every episode, which makes them all stand out. I love hearing the different points of views and learning about new things from their podcast. It’s interesting, funny and honest and that’s what I’m here for! Some of my favorite episodes are:
- “Happy Mother’s Day with Claire Holt”,
- “What would Dobrev do? with Nina Dobrev”,
- and “Don’t Hate, Meditate with Megan Monahan”.
Asking for a Friend
Oh, Lauren Conrad! As soon as I heard she was starting a podcast I knew I’d love it. Her blog is one of the first I go into because I loved how mixed the topics are, it’s like an extension of the blog. First of all, I love Lauren’s personality, she is so calm but witty it’s very soothing to listen to. But I also love that, as the other two shows she has guests over which is such a nice way to bring expertise on certain subjects. Favorite episodes, you ask?
- “Motherhood: it only looks easy on Instagram”,
- “Makeup: it all starts with a good foundation”,
- and “Social Media: meet my website and social team”.
We’re the Ladies
Want to listen to two friends and roommates talk about their life, music, movies, friends, and pop culture? This is the podcast for you. I am a big fan of Carrie and Julia, their podcast is always on my downloaded file on the Podcast app. It’s just such an easy, entertaining listen because it’s like listening to two best friends talk at the end of the day and that’s so satisfying. My favorite episodes? Hard to choose since it’s a lot of life content and interests but I’ve loved the ones where they bring in their friends:
- “The Ladies talk about Canada, healthcare, and their euro trop with guest Alex Centomo”,
- “The Ladies talk about Tinder, books, and embarrassing moments with Ryan Winter”,
- “The Ladies talk about being a chef, moving to New York, and beer shits with Kara Fauerbach”,
- and “The Ladies talk about twilight, Youtube, & meeting strangers online with Tess Christine”
The Ones I Can’t Wait to Listen To/ Listen to more episodes:
Mental Makeover by Lauren
The Papaya podcast