I am guilty of sticking to using products I know work for me. I don’t like waisting money buying products I’m not sure will work for my sensitive skin. However, when I heard Garnier was launching a new skinActive line and it had aloe vera in it which is perfect for the upcoming colder months, I really wanted to try it out.
As Garnier is more of a budget brand, I knew I could afford to try out a few new products without knowing if they would work or not for me.
The products of the SkinActive Aloe Vera range are “made with 96% of ingredients of natural origin (the other 4% being ingredients to guarantee the preservation of the products), enriched with Aloe Vera Extract, known for its hydrating powers. Among the ingredients of natural origin, Garnier specifically selected it’s Aloe Vera, making sure it comes from a renewable source of capable of regenerating each year” . They are targeting normal to combination skin, contain no paraben, no silicons and no artificial colorants. The cardboard box is 100% recyclable.
The first product I picked out was the Garnier SkinActive Refreshing Botanical Gel Wash with Aloe Vera. It is said to efficiently remove excess sebum, impurities and pollution for perfectly clean, fresh and hydrated skin. You only need to apply once a day to wet skin and massage your face gently and rinse off .
I personally use it twice a day, morning and night after taking off my makeup. This gel wash, as the entire range has this very nice refreshing smell. It foams up quickly and washes well. I feel like it is quite effective in cleaning my face and does not dry my skin out which is great.
I also picked up the Garnier SkinActive Refreshing Toner with Aloe Vera as well to make sure my face is extra clean. This is said to remove make up residues and impurities, whilst toning the face and leaving it feeling beautifully purified and refreshed. You are supposed to use it after removing makeup by applying with a cotton pad onto the face, which is exactly what I do.
I really like this product as sometimes I think I’ve taken off all of my makeup and realize after using this that there are still a little bit of residues on the cotton pad. It does feel like your face’s skin is firmer after using it. However, I find that my skin often feels tight after using it so I make sure to use a moisturizer right after. Talking about moisturizer…
I picked this up a couple weeks after the other products. I’d been using coconut oil as a moisturizer for a year but read recently a post by Caroline Hirons, the queen of skincare, who said that coconut oil, whilst an amazing antioxidant product do not contain water to hydrate the skin. I do love coconut oil but now only use it for face and hair masks and for moisturizing heavily my hands and feet, but no longer as a face moisturizer everyday. I now am using the Garnier SkinActive Hydrate + refresh with Aloe Vera botanical Day cream from the Garnier SkinActive aloe vera range.
It is recommended to use morning and evening on a cleansed face and says this product will leave your skin looking refreshed with intense hydration. The brand also highlights that as Aloe Vera is known for its hydrating properties, the formula will hydrate the skin and leave it feeling refreshed and soft, whilst a natural ingredients helps to protect the skin day after day against the harmful effects of the environment.
I was a bit scared at first because of being so used to the heavily moisturized face of using coconut oil (and the glow, oh the amazing glow) but was positively surprised. The formula is very light and feels fresh on the face, it is absorbed quickly and do not leave a sticky feeling of the skin. I’ve noticed that my face doesn’t get as oily throughout the day, especially when I’m not wearing makeup.
The only product I don’t own from the range is the Refreshing cleansing milk because my local drugstore wasn’t carrying it. As I still have half a bottle of my Garnier Micellar Cleansing water and it lasts ages, I might try it out later.
Overall, I am very happy to have picked up these products. Though they are not revolutionary, the products do what they are said to do. Plus, you do get a good quality-price ratio and I’m pretty sure they last for ages as well. I am really tempted to try their other Skin Active line – honey, rose and green tea so I will keep you updated if I do so.
Have you tried this new range for Garnier? What did you think of them?