I’m now 24. 24. Twenty-four.
I have to repeat it to myself because it feels quite weird. I still remember turning 16, 18, 20 and 22 so clearly (well 22 because I was finally able to sing “22” from Taylor Swift for a whole year).
Do anyone actually feel their own age? I was watching a vlog from Zoella yesterday and she asked if anyone actually feel their age and it go me thinking, is there really a specific feeling that goes with a special age. Like do you wake up one day and say “oh, I really feel 24 today” because I don’t really think so. Anyways, I’ve decided to write a more personal, get to know me post today about 24 Things on my 24th birthday, from random facts about me to things I’ve learnt. Here we go:
- I don’t like “real” cheeses, the smell disgusts me enough not to eat it. I love mozzarella, grated cheese and I can eat some other cheeses if not too much.
- I have a 2-year post-A level course in International Trade, a bachelor degree in Applied foreign languages in English and Spanish, a 1st year Master’s degree in Marketing and a 2nd year of Master’s degree International Manager
- My favorite color has changed a lot through the years, it started as green, then sky blue, then red and now it’s a blush pink. So millennial.
- A handful of close friends is way better than a lot of friends who don’t know you thoroughly well.
- If you fail, it’s okay, it has to happen but it will be fine.
- Trust your guts, they know what’s going on better that your mind sometimes
- If someone makes you feel bad about yourself and is not lifting you up in any ways, cut them out of your life. They don’t deserve you.
- It’s okay not to be perfect, nobody is.
- You can follow my trail by following my tissues. I’m wandering if I don’t have a slight allergy to something because I always need to blow my nose a little.
- As any child my first couple words were “maman” and “papa” (mom and dad). But my next expression was “un jour” for the second from Sleeping Beauty’s song “some day my prince will come” (which is so fucking sexist when you think of it) because I had a slight obsession with it, and Anastasia.
- I have a little astigmatism probably from looking close and far quickly and often during College classes and spending so much time of my laptop so I have to wear glasses when I look at a screen and when I’m driving or in a moving transport otherwise I get a bad headache. Sometimes even grocery shopping gives me a headache – that awful lighting sure doesn’t help.
- Some of my favorite movies are Mamma Mia, Love Actually, The Devil Wears Prada, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Titanic, all of the Harry Potter movies, to only name a few (I’m sure I’m forgetting plenty)
- My favorite subject in school was English because I loved writing and expressing myself in English is oddly way easier for me that in French.
- Favorite quotes are “everything happens for a reason”, “be the best version of yourself”, “Comfort is the enemy of success“
- It’s okay not to want to be surrounded by people all the time, you are allowed see quality “me time” every now and then, even more if you are an introvert.
- Places I really want to visit are Canada (and even live in?), Australia, New Zealand, Scotland, South Africa, Bali and The Philippines.
- Top 3 Favorite cuisine all round has to be Italian: gimme all the pizza, pasta, tiramisu, gelatos, risottos… Second has to be Chinese, and third probably Latino food.
- I have 19 cousins. My dad has 5 siblings and my mom 3.
- I really want to travel and live in different parts of the world. I’d love to live in NYC, L.A., Miami (some more) and London, but also somewhere a bit remote in Australia and in the US for some reason.
- Being confident does not come naturally to me and is really an aspect of myself that I need to work on.
- I have done 2 summers working in a supermarket bakery for 3 months each time and it was hell. I had to wake up at 4:50a.m. and stand for between 6 to 8 hours each time, it was always rush time and I need to do the job of 2 people by myself.
- Favorite TV shows I’ve watched
- Favorite smells: coconut, vanilla, chocolate cake, coffee and as cheesy as it will sound my boyfriend’s smell.
- No matter how time-consuming, sometimes hard and mentally draining it is to blog and do social media, I absolutely love it. I am so grateful for everyone who supports me, follows me, likes, comments, read my work. It’s an incredible feeling really. Thank you all so much.
Much much love,