I cannot believe we are in 2018. First of all, how amazing is it that the first day of the year was a Monday? Pretty cool. It sounds like this year is starting off on the right foot.
2017 went by so quickly I always got the date wrong. In June I thought it was March, in August it felt like the beginning of summer, in November I thought it was September and today I think it’s the beginning of November. Yes, my mind is pretty lost.
Last year was the first year I really set myself goals (see my post here and here to see how I did) to be honest. I think as much as New Year’s goals are good, they should be resolutions you will keep forever and not only for one year before moving on to the next ones. So on top of my 2017 resolutions, I want to give myself new goals for this new year and here they are:
- Get a domain and revamp my blog – I haven’t been loving the look of my blog lately. I don’t think it looks very professional and the layout is not my favorite. I was waiting for a good time to have the money to pay the yearly fee to get a domain and be able to get a template I love and the new year seemed like a perfect time. So expect a new look on my blog pretty soon wink wink.
- Get out of my comfort zone on social media and my blog – I have never been body-confident and always struggled with pictures. I never like the way I look and though I try to take photos of makeup looks and outfits, I end up never posting them. This year, I want to do my best to get out of my comfort zone and post more photos of me.
- Work on my blog to allow it to grow and to be proud of it – The end of 2017 and beginning of this one is so packed with college work, studying, writing reports and exams (whilst looking for an internship) that I have had to put blogging on the side. I know things will calm down in a few weeks or at least at the end of March before starting my internship and then, I want to work on my blog like I haven’t had the time to do so far. My goal is to create a place on the internet I am thoroughly proud of and can share more without feeling self-conscious and compare it with other bigger and older blogs.
- Don’t feel so bad about treating myself – I’ve always have trouble actually spending my money when it comes to big sums. I am not miserly but rather love to give people gifts and make them happy but when it comes to spending for me, it’s quite difficult. I am too much aware I think of the fact I could be using the money for something more “important” and that I need to save for my future. However, this means I don’t really treat myself and I think, every once in a while, it’s nice to do so.
- Do my best to travel more – I love traveling. I think it’s good for the soul and it helps you grow in such a personal, different way. This year I want to do my best to travel to cities I’ve been meaning to go for year. Edinburgh is at the top of my list and I hope to go there during the summer break. I would also love to visit Amsterdam, go back to Brighton and go to Paris visit my longest amazing friend!
- Improve my photography – It’s touch and go with how my photos look, in my opinion. Sometimes I love how they turn out and other times, I don’t like them and and up not posting. For 2018, I want to get a few more props and work on my photography skills. I would also like to invest in a new camera but this, I think will be a bit difficult.
- Be more self-confident – I always doubt myself and feel inferior to others and it’s something I really want to work on in 2018. I shouldn’t assume that if someone is wrong it has to be me nor that other people are better than I am, but rather that we are good in a different way.
- Trust my guts more – I have been starting to listen more to my guts in the past few weeks and I think it served me right. As Sherlock Holmes says “intuitions are not to be ignored, they represent data processed too fast for the conscious mind to comprehend”.
- Stop comparing myself to others – Who doesn’t? And if you don’t, how do you do that?? I think because of social media, comparing yourself has become quite mainstream and somehow “natural” but it shouldn’t be. Blogging-wise, I keep comparing my work and blog to others and I don’t think it brings anything positive in the end. I have to make a difference between comparing myself and getting inspired by others and it’s something important I want to achieve in 2018.
- Feel more comfortable in my own skin (bare skin and body) – Same as self-confidence but mostly about going out bare-skined and the look of my body in any (or without) clothes. I think it’s the downside of wearing makeup is accepting the way I look without. Sometimes (like at the minute) I feel totally comfortable and other times when I’m having a bad skin day, I cannot stand looking at my face in the mirror. In 2018, I will work on not caring so much about how I look and accept whatever I look like. Wish me luck…
I wish you all a very happy new year, may it be a healthy, happy, fulfilling one. I hope 2018 will be your best year yet and will be the year for a better change in the world.
What are your resolutions for 2018?