I am quite a nosy person. I mean, not in a bad way but more in a “ I want to know what you had for breakfast”, “where did you grow up” or “can I rummage through your stuff before we get talking?”. I am just interested in people and what they do in their everyday lives, who they are, what they like and don’t like etc… I know. I’m working on it…
Buuut, hopefully I am not the only one like that so I thought “Hey, if I like to know things about people, why not share some things about me so we’re kind of equal?” So, here they come, take a cup of coffee and croissant!
1. My name is Gabrielle but nobody calls me by my full name. Except teachers, co-workers, doctors (basically people who don’t know me well or are professional) and if I am being told off. So please, go ahead and call me Gaby. I actually quite like my name, it’s still pretty uncommon and Eva Longoria played a Gabrielle in Desperate Housewives so I am forever blessed by a sweet association.
2. I have studied in 4 cities so far, three about 45 min to 2h from my hometown and in Birmingham, UK (well, I also have done an internship in Miami for two months as well if it counts). There are about 20,000 inhabitants in my hometown and there are only a few villages around, the biggest cities are about 45 min to an hour away. Needless to say, online shopping it is!
3. My entire family is from Portugal, my parents being the second generation living in France.
4. I am very short, like 1m54 (I think it is about 5”0,5’ or 5”1’ maybe). My parents are not very tall and I have the Hashimoto disease so long-medical-story short, I stopped growing when I was about 8-10 and had to take some medicine to keep growing up (and keep my body functioning well), but not that much.
5. I have a little sister who is 6 years younger than me. We don’t really look alike nor have the same personality but are very lucky to get along really well and to share a lot of the same interests and passions.
6. I have studies English for now 14 years, Spanish for 11 years, Portuguese well I can understand (if it’s not too complicated, or usually I can understand the overall conversation) and speak but really simple sentences, and I have studied German for a year (I couldn’t continue the next year as I was going to study abroad).
7. 2010 was a pretty great year for me as it was the year that I met my best friend and I have some many amazing memories with her of that year. It was also the year I started going out with my boyfriend which is kind of crazy. And it was the year we adopted our family dog, Happy, who is the cutest most loving dog ever and is turning 7 pretty soon.
8. Food-wise, I think Italian and Chinese cuisines are my faves (I love my carbs) I also love French pastries (who doesn’t), avocado, strawberries, kiwis, chocolate, bread, and so much more, I am foodie J. I am neither a regular soda drinker nor a sweets eater but I do have a sweet tooth.
9. For about 10 years now, I have known that I would really like (it’s more I ‘want’ but we never know in life) to move abroad in an English-speaking country. I truly love this language and would love to have my everyday life lived in English. Thankfully, my boyfriend feels the same. Phew.
10. I have been so incredibly lucky to have been able to travel a lot through middle school and high school for an affordable price (thanks group discounts, and family trips!). I have been to (in chronological order, please): Portugal, London, Prague, Rome, Budapest, Brno, Vienna, Auschwitz, Austerlitz, Prague again, Paris, Miami, Cadaquès, Roses, Barcelona and Birmingham (and London again).
11. Cities or countries I really want to travel to and explore: Scotland, Amsterdam, Canada, Australia, more of the USA, more of Italy (give me allllll the pizza and pasta!), Brighton, and Scandinavia as a whole with my sister (no in any particular order)
12. I am pretty self-conscious. I always feel like people are judging my every move (to a certain degree). I guess you could say that I like to appear as ‘perfect’ as possible just because I don’t like to do the wrong thing. Stupid, huh? I know, I am working on that (The Magic of Not Giving a S***” is on my Audible list).
13. I love reading. I am a total bookworm and really enjoy getting lost in a book, being just totally into a story and learning so much through them. I read every night without fail
14. My mother is a primary teacher and my dad is a site foreman. They met in Portugal where my grandparents have their summer homes and guess what? My 4 grandparents or neighbors in Portugal, that’s how my parents met. Like actual ‘there is only a wire fence separating them that we used to climb over until a few years ago.
15. I am quite a home person. I love being at home and just watching Youtube or Netflix, chilling with my boyfriend or the fam, reading and writing this blog. I don’t like parties and have never been to a club. It’s just not really my thing, plus I don’t drink nor smoke and don’t really enjoy this kind of situations, they usually trigger my anxiety. But I do love to explore new cities, to go for lunch of dinner with my boyfriend, friends or family, go on a hike, etc.
I’d love to know more about you, give me 3 facts about you in the comments!
Thank you so much for reading, wherever you are in the world I am sending lots of love,
Follow me on social media!